Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Lucky 2013, Right?


source

Happy New Year! 

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am indeed ready for a new year full of new beginnings and new adventures. 

I refuse to believe that 2012 was a bad year. There were some bad things that happened, such as my Dad having to spend most of the beginning of the year in the hospital and my husband, Matthew, losing his battle with cancer in October. 

But some amazing things happened this year... 


 I finally got to marry my best friend. He made me wait 11 years, but it was worth the wait. Our day was perfect and so full of memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life. 


 Matthew and I were lucky enough to be able to go on the most amazing honeymoon trip to Yosemite National Park. It was somewhere that he had always wanted to go and it really was the best trip ever! I love knowing that we got to take one last great adventure together.

 Matthew's death has marked the beginning of a new journey in my life. I'm following my heart, wherever it happens to take me. This journey of the heart has led me to be right where I need to be to be able to partake in some wonderful opportunities and new experiences. It has pushed me outside my comfort zone a bit but the lessons that I've been learning are invaluable enough to know that I'm on the right path. 

2012 has truly been a bittersweet year.

But now it's over... 

I think 2013 is going to be a good year. 

I decided that I want to go back to school, so I'm in the process of making that happen. If it goes the way that I'm hoping/working on, then that will mean a big move... to another state. 

In the mean time, I'm spending time with family and friends, I'm enjoying the beautiful things that life has to offer, and most importantly, I'm living. 


 I hope that 2013 is a good year for all of us!

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year Bethany! Wishing you all the best and still praying for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be a Bethany thing--I was searching for New Years quotes and almost posted that exact same Neil Gaiman quote--I loved it so!!!!!
    Many good things did happen in 2012--new car, new nephew--but the bad was bad enough to overshadow everything. I won't miss 2012, and I look forward to the new.
    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...