Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Baby, It's Cold Outside...

I love snow! 

No, seriously. As long as I don't have to drive in it or shovel it, then I love snow! I love how it creates a blanket over everything and just for a little while, it's pretty and clean. 

In honor of snow, I found this neat project on Pinterest where they took dollar store glass votives and epsom salt and created snow votives. 

I decided to take the idea one step further and improve on it a little bit. 



Pretty, right? 

I took LED candles and epsom salt that I purchased at the dollar store, and mod podge to create snowball candles! 


I coated the candle in mod podge, then rolled it into a plate full of epsom salt covering the candle. 




 I let the candles dry, then I reapplied the mod podge and rolled coated the candles in epsom salt a second time.



Don't the candles look like they are encrusted with snow? 


I love how these little candles turned out! They look so pretty in my candle sconces too. 




1 comment:

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...