Friday, July 6, 2012

Much Cuter In Person... I Swear!

Awhile back on a random shopping adventure at our local Bi-Mart store, I ran across this in the scrap booking clearance display. 


 I also happened to have a bottle of Martha Stewart chalkboard paint in blue that I'd been wanting to test out. 


Add the two together and what do you have?  


A chalkboard pennant banner! 

Wanna see how I did it? 

Supplies: 
chipboard pennant flags
chalkboard paint
twine
paint brush or sponge brush

 I started out by painting the pennant flags.  I painted two coats on each side and let them dry overnight.




I cut a long piece of twine. I cut mine about 9 feet, but you can make yours however long you like. 

 
Once the flags were dry, I strung the twine through them. 





All that's left to do is write a message in chalk and hang it up!


It looks much better in person, I swear!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...