Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What I Accomplished Today...

Lately, on my private Facebook page I've been writing statuses that begin with what I accomplished today, than I list the things that I have accomplished so I can actually feel like I've gotten something done, even when I really haven't done all that much. It makes me feel better to know that each day I accomplished something

Today I woke up and the feelings that have been slowly building finally weighed on me. 
 
I felt burnt out. 

The sad part is, it's not even Thanksgiving yet. 
 
Usually I experience burnout a few weeks before Christmas, but this year it seems to have arrived a little early. 

So instead of crafting the day away like I had originally planned, I called my Mom. 
 
photo from July 2011
 
She picked me up and took me with her while she ran a few errands, one of which was a local yarn shop, where I was inspired and have a super cool project that I'll share with you guys another time. She bought me coffee and we talked and just spent some quality time together, which sadly, it's been awhile but I'm so glad that we did. 

 This evening, I went to my parents' house for Taco Night, which is a long standing tradition of an open invitation for anyone who shows up to dinner. I got to spend time with most of my favorite people. 

photo taken December 2009 (I think?)

 All the girls pictured above, Naomi, Brandy and Gracie, were all there. Mainly because Gracie (yeah, the one pictured with a beer in her hand) brought her brand new baby girl, Sophie to meet everyone. (Everyone besides me, I'd already met her.) 

photo taken September 2011
 
Doesn't she have the sweetest face? Looks just like her beautiful Mama! 

 I also got to see 4 of my 5 nieces!!! Gabby, Rylee, Tylar and Kirra.

my twin nieces, Rylee & Tylar - July 2011

my youngest niece, Kirra and myself - July 2011
my nieces Gabby and Kirra - April 2011

 I love my nieces more than anything, and it's always so much fun to be around them. They crack me up with how much they are learning and growing and questioning everything. It was especially wonderful to see the older niece, Gabby, since she lives with her Dad and isn't around as much as she used to be. 

So today, I didn't finish a single craft project. 

But I got a hug hello and a hug goodbye from every one of my nieces.

I didn't take a single picture. 

But I got to laugh with family and friends over a wonderful dinner. 

I didn't finish any new craft blog posts. 
 
But I had such a rewarding day, and sometimes, that's what matter more. 

 

2 comments:

  1. That's ok. Sometimes when you just tell yourself to screw it all and take some me time you get totally recharged to do what you were planning on doing anyway.
    You and your mom look way adorable in your rain boots together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful day - a little family and friend time can be so refreshing and rejuvenating. I'm glad you got to spend the day with those you love!

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...