Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Home Is Where The Heart Is

At the beginning of the month I signed up for the Winter Handmade Gift Exchange that Linda at Craftaholics Anonymous hosts twice a year. I'd participated in June, and it was so much fun! 

My partner this time is Lauren from Warm & Fuzzy! Lauren is happily married and has two little guys. One of the first things that stood out to me from her e-mail was that Lauren is not only proud of her home and loves to decorate it, but she's extremely proud of her home state! She is a huge LSU fan, which I tried to not count that against her, since her Tigers beat my beloved Ducks so bad at the first game of the season that it still smarts. So I tried to incorporate all of these things into my gift for her.




I made her a Louisiana state shaped pillow!


I made a stencil of the shape of Louisiana and traced it onto my fabric. I painted a purple heart over the area where Lauren and her family live (at least according to the maps I found.)  


Than I painted in the rest of the state. 


I sewed around the shape, turned it right side out, stuffed it and sewed it closed. When I was done I had a cute little pillow the shape of Louisiana.



I hope that Lauren likes my gift. I'm so happy that it turned out how I had hoped. Amazing Boyfriend thought it turned out pretty cool and has now requested an Oregon shaped one, so I'll probably be making another state shaped pillow in the future. 

I'm sharing this project at the following link parties: 
 

 






5 comments:

  1. That's pretty neat! Kudos to you for sewing all those little squiggly curves near the "toe" of the state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! And a fabulously thoughtful gift!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! If you ever put them in your etsy shop, I'd buy a VA shaped one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so darn creative! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...