Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I've Been FRAMED!!!

Well, maybe not me, although I am in one of the pictures.


I've see some adorable frame ideas lately floating around blog land and of course I have to be a total copy cat I wanted to make a few frames myself and maybe borrow a few of their ideas. 

The first picture frame idea that I had to copy wanted to make is a moss covered picture frame that I first saw here on Not Just a Housewife (and if you haven't read Stacy's blog you are missing out because she's AWESOME!!) I was so happy for the inspiration, as well as a project that I could use my left over moss from my moss wreath that I made. 



Then I saw this awesome American Flag picture frame on Evelyn Kate Designs and wanted to make something similar, since hers turned out so cute. I've recently fallen in love with crackle finish on paint and thought that it would be perfect to try out on this project.




I saw a tutorial on Paper, Plate and Plane on how to make roses out of crafting foam. I thought they were so cute but I thought they would be awesome glued onto a picture frame. I was just going to use white foam, but Amazing Boyfriend suggested that I make them a few different colors so I got some pink and lavender as well. I'm glad that I listened to him because I think it turned out pretty darn cute! 
 
one of my favorite pictures of my parents!!!
 
  I stocked up on unfinished wood frames at Craft Warehouse because they were having a 40% off sale. Score!!! Plus they had some really cute frames that had scroll edges, which I thought would be perfect for making a Chalkboard Painted picture frame.


I also had an interesting idea while working on these candle holders that I copied were inspired by Rebecca at My Girlish Whims. I used a shaped punch to cut out a bunch of tissue paper shapes and modge podge them to a pair of glass candle holder. Since I had the butterfly shaped punch I thought it would be cute to cut out more shapes and modge podge them to a picture frame. 



My Mom and I recently threw a baby shower for my brother, Jonathan and his girlfriend Sarah, who are having a baby in June. Amusingly enough, I had some of the most fun making the prizes that we gave for the games we played at the baby shower. One of the projects that I made as a prize was a pair of modge podged picture frames with vinyl quotes on them. It worked out perfectly since the winner of the game was two people, so they each got one.
 
We do not remember days, We remember moments.

Life gives you many blessings the nicest come as FRIENDS
 
Didn't they turn out cute? 

Of course, I had to make at least one for myself. At Christmas time, I made a few of these and gave these to my favorite girlies with a favorite picture in it and I figured it was about time I made one for myself. 



The quote is "I get by with a little help from my friends." - John Lennon


As you can tell, I went a little crazy with the picture frame embellishing but it might be that extra motivation I need to get some of our pictures hung up.



P.S. I want to wish my parents a happy 31st wedding anniversary!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...